Beyond the Rocks
Restored in time for Premiere at Filmmuseum Biennale 05
with a Taste of Hollywood and Denmark
Buzz of the previous months:
Utrecht Ready for 24th edition of Netherlands Film Festival /
Venice Floats its Gold Earlier /
Dutch Filmmuseum Struts Sounded Silents Alongside Bollywood Flare /
Faust Hits Dutch Capital with Music and Dance /
After the Fall in New York
Fahrenheit 9/11 Finally Reached Dutch Shores in July
Following On the Heels of Bush's June PR Tour of Duty
While Dutch Translation of "House of Bush, House of Saud" hits the Shelves
As Author Visits Amsterdam for Book Launch /
Also Heat Hits Amsterdam Waters at Time of Pride /
Dutch Filmmuseum Serves Cooling Drinks to Tunes of German Trio
For Screening of Silent Classic /
Audrey Hepburn Shines On Screens Again /
Mrs. Norman Maine Makes Comeback in Hollywood /
Variedly Virtuous Bebe Neuwirth Sings Up A Storm at the Zipper /
And Wim Verstappen Dies /
So, Does Anybody Still Remember Esther Blodgett?
Spiderman Flies to the Top Once Again! /
Boy Ecury Picks Up Adult Award in Colorado /
Drive-In Movies on Big Screen Across the Water /
"Bloom" Blossoms For A Special Centennial Perennial Year /
"Love in Thoughts" Follows Footsteps of "Good-bye, Lenin" /
"What the #?*! Do We Know?!
June: Bloomsday 100 arrives!!! The festivities in Dublin are already under way! /
Afternoon of the Dutch Film Opens the Month in Amsterdam /
21st edition of the World Wide Video Festival scheduled for launch June 10th in
new hot spot, Post CS building.
May: Oh, boy, Oh, boy, It's Troy!!
A Never-Ending Story About Toy Boy Romans Tossing Around Their Adulterous and Lustful Togas in Cinemas Worldwide
Concurrently With Notorious Bloodsuckers Streaming Across Other Silver Screens, Also Worldwide /
You Must Wait To See What Will Happen The Day After Tomorrow!
Where Will It All End? /
The Dilemma of Choice Rests Evermore with the Movie-Goer:
Come one, Come all! /
Meanwhile Serious Art Brews, Completing 100 Years Across the Open Seas!
April: Amnesty Film Festival Opens Doors for Sixth Edition /
Dick Clarke Rocks N' Rolls the White House /
Princess Juliana's Death Marks End of an Era /
Dutch Rapscallion Peter Bell Hits Canada's Sprockets /
Restoration Eye Opener Shows Hollywood "The Human Dutch" /
Production Seminar Covers Designs for Past and Present /
And More Horror for Holland
March: Arnett and Adie in Amsterdam for Amnesty / "Fog of War" Soon To Cover International Criminal Court in The Hague / Angels' Haute Cuisine for Homeless Follows Oscar© Ball / First CinemAsia Festival Hits the Dutch Capital / Crusader Bale Dons Leather Duds / Marlon on the Docks Still Lookin' Good Fifty Years On / And Soon the Naked Trojans Will Be Coming Our Way!
February: "Tharze Gold in Them Thare Hills" / Is February 2004 the Time for the Return of the King ? / Sit Back with a Big Hamburger on the 29th and Watch the Glittering Prizes / Expanded Cinema Explodes in The Hague / Stapel Steams Up Sauna in Cosmic Amsterdam / Dutch Film Stirs Up Snow in Austrian Hills / Sheridan Gets Ready to Revive the "Kennedys"
January: Tensing Up for the IFFR 2004? / Have a Blind Massage Before the Madness Starts. / Revving Up For the Oscars® in February? / See What's On Offer in Chicago. /
Want to Call Upon Magic From a Century Ago? / Go See Murnau!
December: Dutch Queen Visits "Kees, the Kid" Before Opportunity Knocks to Visit the Nameless Kid / European Film Awards in Berlin Honor Claude Chabrol for his Achievement and "Delicieux" Oeuvre / Near-Forgotten Classic Moments Hail Return of Influential American Avant Garde / First Flashes of Oscar Pops as BURTON MORRIS HAS GOTCHA!!!
November: Anti-Censorship Hangs in Air at Rotterdam while Japanese Amodal Suspension Flies Around Yamaguchi and the Globe / Friedmans Serving Up IDFA's First "Film For Thought" / Sheridan Segment of Irish Life Drama Takes Main Prize in Ghent / Belgian "Sea of Silence" Changes in Mid-Stream to Avoid Onslaught of Waves Preceding Oscar® Ceremonies / Seventy-Five Years With Darling Oscar ® Is Quite a History / Spirituality and Love Return to Holland for Short Run / Russian Return of "War and Peace" / Battle of Bulge and World War II visit UCLA
- October: Dutch Cry Out "Show Me the Money" as Government Tax-Exemption Scheme Keeps Dangling on Thin Threads /
European Filmmakers Support Their Dutch Colleagues in Survival Struggle /
Dutch Directors' Guild Shoots Mass Rally of Filmmakers to Emphasize Their Point /
And 23rd Netherlands Film Festival Closes Doors with Gold for "The Twins"
- September: "Holland's Light" and Two Upcoming Cases of Alzheimer's /
23rd Edition Netherlands Film Festival Starts Festivities in Utrecht and Phileine says she's Sorry! /
"Car Craze" heads to Hollywood and so does "De Tweeling" /
As Africa comes to Amsterdam
- August: Liz Takes Center Place,
Wide-Screen Cinemascope Celebrated on Special Weekend,
"Close Up and Black" Exhibition Highlights African-Americans in Film,
And Orson's Oscar® Up For Grabs.
- July: Big Green Boys and Little Demons
- June: Less Government Financial Incentives Available
for Filmmaking in the Netherlands, BUT Dutch Supermarkets Offer a Special
"Two For One" Ticket Offer.
- May: "Howdy, Padnah! World Wide Video?"
"Si, Señor. Et n'oubliez pas Cannes."
- April: Sound and Cinema, Cinema with No Sound, and
- March: What a Green Month it is, me darlin'!
- February: He's BIG, he's BAD and he's
- January: 32nd International Film Festival Rotterdam
here now for all ages, More Fun Fare on the horizon for Dutch kids, And Dutch
Specialists Choose Top Ten Films from Last Generation
- December: IDFA departs, EFA arrives
- November: What Do You Believe In? A Question for Our Times
- October: Four Feathers to Land on International Film
Festival of Flanders
- September: Pieter Verhoeff - Special Guest of Film
- August: Welkom in Holland: Home of Crop Circles,
Creator of Lara 2, and the Man with the Golden Penis
- July: Spider Man Almost Struck Down in Amsterdam,
Bruckheimer gets Broccoli, and Old Soldier van de Velde takes to Murder.
Horror Goes on the Road. In Omni-Gloria-Versum
- June: Sluizer's "Stoneraft" Set for September Premiere,
van der Oest's Gay Marriage to See English Language Shoot, and "Soldier of
Orange 2" Falls in Trenches
- May: Quick, Duck! Here Comes That Flying Ping-Pong Ball Again!!!!!!!!!!!!
- April: Abraham, Siegfried, Brian, Paul & Billy Bob. It's enough to make you scream
- March: Blood & Gore and Children's Tales
- February: Movement Means >>> Art Deco in Holland, Fairy Tales in Spain, FACT Finding in Liverpool and Everything Under the Sun in Brooklyn
- January: High Kickers
- December: A Very Merry Grinch to you all!
- November: Green Grinch Granted Glorious Greetings
- October: Tuschinski opens "Art" while Ghent opens Eyes and Ears. America travels Europe Conserved and Restored
while Denver remains Tantalizing
- September: Dutch Film Festival reaches Two Decades. Also: Drug Smuggle cuts short finishing touches for van Gogh "Baby Blue"
necessitating Spanish reshoot.
- August: Verhoeven en Shue hit Amsterdam, New Dutch Film Annual hits shelves, art hits the
streets, Dutch film hits Internet, Gay Parade hits water, and Sail 2000 hits the shore.
- July: Alan Cumming, as comic sufferer of Nazi induced guilt, reaches theatres after three complicated years.
- June: Yes, folks, "Gladiator" is now showing in Rotterdam, Holland on the IMAX screen.
- May: Pierre Henry merges with Walter Ruttman
- April: Horrors, Discontent Wives of Soccer Players and the largest cinema in Holland
on offer for the first spring of the New Millennium
- March: Ben Verbong's "Passion" Puts Prostitute at Dinner Table
- February: Gormenghast with Hot Chocolate and Cookies
- January: Selected for screenings of the new IMAX "Fantasia 2000"
© 1994-2006 The Green Hartnett